Lorain County Community College is proud to announce the availability of the Alan J. Zelina Scholarship. The establishment of the Alan J. Zelina Scholarship is for the benefit of Clearview High School (CHS), Elyria, Lorain and Oberlin High School graduates attending Lorain County Community College (LCCC) or a University Partnership program, pursuing a major in STEM disciplines including science, technology, engineering and math; the Associate of Science (AS) degree or the Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) program.
- Preference will be given to a graduating senior of Clearview High School (CHS)
- A 2.75 GPA (high school or college GPA)
- Enrolled in at least 24 credit hours per academic year
- Applicant must be pursuing a major in STEM, including science, technology, engineering and math; the Associate of Science (AS) degree or the Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) program
- Applicant should be enrolled (or intending to enroll in a future semester) in an LCCC Certificate, associate degree, or University Partnership program aligned with the career pathways listed in the above bullet point
- Scholarship is renewable but the applicant must re-apply for assistance each year and have maintained a 2.75 GPA to be considered for further funding assistance
- Students from Elyria, Lorain and Oberlin High Schools
- Students with a GPA under 2.75 but who have successfully completed ("C" or better) 12 or more credit hours in high school dual enrollment (College Credit Plus) will be considered and are encouraged to apply
University Partnership Students: In your Universal Application, you must attach your most recent transcripts and proof of enrollment in the UP Institution for the semester of the scholarship. LCCC students' status can be accessed by LCCC's Student Financial Aid; therefore, they are exempt of having to show proof of enrollment and transcripts.