THE FORD/EEOC ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is directed to minorities and women who are Ford Motor employees, their spouses or offspring who enroll as full-time students (12 credit hours per semester) at LCCC. LCCC received an endowed gift from Ford Motor Company and will make scholarships available to full-time students.
This combined announcement and scholarship application is available to all Ford Motor employees, their spouse and offspring and should be submitted, along with the required essay, by the listed deadline. The application must be completed in full or the applicant will not be considered for an award. All eligible candidates for the scholarship must also complete the admissions process by the listed deadline. The steps to complete the admissions process are:
- Complete and submit an LCCC admissions application with LCCC's Connection Center.
- Have a high school transcript on file with LCCC's Records Office.
- Have transcripts from any other colleges or universities attended on file with LCCC's Records Office.
Recipients of the scholarships will be chosen by LCCC's Scholarship Committee which is comprised of a cross section of staff members who have the responsibility of selecting other scholarship recipients at LCCC. Selection of FORD/EEOC ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP recipients will be based upon the following criteria:
- Minority or female classification as reflected on this application.
- Full Time enrollment at LCCC.
- Other financial aid received.
- Academic promise as indicated by the high school transcript, LCCC transcript and transcripts from any other college or university attended.
- The review of your 250 to 500 word essay which describes how the Ford/EEOC scholarship fits into your career goals and educational aspirations.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the upcoming semester's classes in a program leading to a degree or certificate by the application due date.
FORD/EEOC ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIPS are awarded for a one academic year time period and recipients must enroll full-time each semester and maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average each semester to maintain eligibility for the award. Recipients can receive the scholarship for more than one year but must apply for the scholarship each year.