The Lorain County Community College International and Study Abroad Scholarship is a privately funded award intended to help individuals interested in public diplomacy, foreign language development, cultural enrichment and international understanding. Scholarships will be awarded to students participating in an approved LCCC Study Abroad or Study Away program or to international students.
Scholarships will be applied to the student's cost of education and will be paid directly to the higher educational institution the student is attending. The scholarship can be used to help pay for tuition, books, and other educational expenses. Scholarships will have a minimum value of $500 per academic year and are not renewable.
Eligibility Criteria for Study Abroad Students:
- Be a current LCCC student in at least the second semester and be working towards a degree.
- Must participate in a Study Abroad or Study Away program and be approved by the LCCC International Initiatives Office. Currently, LCCC has partnerships with the following institutions: China: Changsha University/ Denmark: Zealand Institute of Business and Technology in Koge, Denmark/ England: York St. John University/ France: Universite' de Savoie-GACO branch, Chambery/ Germany: Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals/ Greece: American College of Thesaloniki/ Vietnam: Duy Tan University
- Must have minimum 3.00 LCCC cumulative GPA required
- Must complete the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Study Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need. Students may complete the FAFSA on line at www.fafsa.gov
- Students may be required to submit receipts of payments for eligible expenses. Reimbursement of scholarship funding may be required for canceled enrollment in a program or for scholarship funding applied to unrelated expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for International Students
- Must be a new, entering degree-seeking student at Lorain County Community College (no previous coursework completed at LCCC).
- Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA or equivalent from the student's home school. Official transcripts must be sent to Lorain County Community College.
- Must have a TOEFL score of 61 on IBT or 173 on the computer -based test.
- Maintain SEVIS compliance.