The Lorain County Labor Agency (LCLA) has established a scholarship fund with the Lorain County Community College Foundation to assist eligible Lorain County Community College and University Partnership students in continuing their education. The scholarship may be used for degree or certificate-seeking students; students in need of upgrading skills in order to remain employable; or to take advantage of career advancement opportunities.
- Must reside in either Lorain County or Huron County;
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent;
- Applicant must possess a minimum 2.0 grade point average during high school or college;
- Applicant must be a union employee or the child of a union employee;
- Applicant must be at least 17 years old.
Selection of the LCLA Scholarship will be made by the Lorain County Community College Scholarship Selection Committee. Preference will be given to applicants who have unusual circumstances as recorded on the scholarship application; seriousness of candidate to pursue a degree or certificate program as recorded on the scholarship application; and academic achievement.
University Partnership Students: In your Universal Application, you must attach your most recent transcripts and proof of enrollment in the UP Institution for the semester of the scholarship. LCCC students’ status can be accessed by LCCC’s Student Financial Aid; therefore, they are exempt of having to show proof of enrollment and transcripts.